Search This Blog

April 12, 2010

Into The Blaze

Her eyes simmered like charcoals,
I spotted it instantly.
Once she entered the doorway
Her fiery stare
Engulfed the mood.
My heart began to sizzle,
I could hear it
POP! and FIZZ!
Frying on the grill.

She gripped her green handbag,
Slung over her arm like a traveler.
Her legs, a sharp V in the doorway,
Clearly scorched her surroundings.


Or, I felt like a hooked fish
Squirming and tossing about,
No vacant water available.


Her lips never faltered
From an unwavering smirk
And her smoldering orange hair
Gave off an invisible smoke
I swallowed in desperation.


As she glanced my way
I knew I was done for.
It was perfect arson
Because she was setting fire
To everything she saw,
Burning it to ash,
And in that coursing blaze,
I fell to my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment